SGLI Channel Specification and Products
|Channel||Center Wavelength||Band width||IFOV|
|VNR, SWI: nm
|Visible and Near Infrared Radiometer
- *1：Possible to be reduced to 1km resolution over both polar and ocean regions except coastal region.
- *2：Unit of TIR is micro-meter.
- *3：Possible to be reduced to 500m/1km resolution over both polar and ocean regions except coastal region.
- Ref(1): Figure of specification of the SGLI Relative Spectral Response (RSR)
- Ref(2): Text data of the SGLI RSR specification models (high, low resolution)
- Ref(3): Model equations of the SGLI RSR specification (prepared for EORC algorithm tests)
Spectral bands of SGLI are carefully designed to efficiently retrieve geophysical parameters that are essential for achieving the goals of the GCOM mission. As a result, the number of spectral bands has been reduces from GLI's 36 of GLI to 19, while the parameters to be retrieved as standard products have been increased from 22 to 29, with the enhancement of land aerosol and vegetation observation capabilities.
- Spectral reflectances of several observation targets and the atmospheric transmittance. Locations and widths of the SGLI channels are shown in blue bars. Black dots indicate the channel to be directly used for the retrieval of each SGLI product.